In a landscape of small villages and wooded hills, nestled along the banks of the Rio Alva, in an area of 8 hectares, the 5-star "Spa & Wellness EcoResort Parque do Alva" will be realized. The first thing that will strike you is the small scale and wide scope. The 58 units to be built, stunning follow the contours of the land. The friendly colors are in harmony with the environment and the red terracotta tiles stabbing against the green of the surrounding forests.
On the Resort "Parque do Alva" you can find:
- 29 villas
- 9 chalets
- 25 apartments
There are 2 types of villas:
- 13 type Alva 1 (T3 100 m², click here)
- 11 type Alva 2 (T2 70 m², click here)
- 9 type Alva 3 (40 m2 on ground floor and 20 m2 on attic, click here)
- 15 type Alva 4 (T0 ca. 30 m2, in design)
- 10 type Alva 5 (T2/T3 100 m2, in design)
What distinguishes "Spa & EcoResort Parque do Alva" to other Resorts:
- A natural fit into the landscape;
- Making use of the elevation of the terrain;
- Sustainable construction;
- High degree of insulation in walls, roofs and windows;
- The use of energy saving applications, heat pumps, pellet and solar energy;
- A-class equipment;
- Apartments and facilities with "green roofs";
- Strive for a high potential CO2 reduction;
- Recycling rainwater;
- Separate waste collection;
- Extensive use of LED lighting;
- No use of herbicides;
- Landscaping with local trees, shrubs and plant species;
- All service vehicles electric powered;
- Biological wastewater treatment
- Using local products, organically grown;
In short, aiming to the highest possible cradle-to-cradle percentage, still with a high percentage of service and quality.
The central part, "O Patio " is truly the center of the Resort. Here you can find several facilities to bring you all the best for an excellent stay. It includes the reception, the à la Carte Restaurant "Lugar do Alva", the Grand Café "A Tasquinha" and "O Sobreiro", the apartments. Of course the pool with a separate pool for children's and the tennis court.
To complete the sense of wellness, you can enjoy the Spa. You will find many possibilities, such as therapy pools, with water from private sources, sauna, solarium, pedicure, manicure, beauty treatment or massage. Enough to give you a care free stay. In addition, the Health Club offers you the opportunity for more physical effort, possibly with a personal trainer or under medical supervision.
On either side of "O Patio ", the villas, chalets and apartments are set. These are built in five types, varying in size and number of bedrooms. They are fully equipped and habitable in summer and also in winter. The design ensures optimum comfort at low energy. The construction and the use of materials, fitting in with the landscape, there is always taken into account with respect for nature and landscape. The concept of sustainability is taken very seriously. This resort can thus justifiably be called an EcoResort.
Nearby there are various facilities for the discovery of the beautiful environment. There are opportunities for horse riding, canoeing, hiking and even climbing. The Resort is an excellent starting point for endless exploring the region where you feel at home, but where you'll surprised moment for moment.
The Resort will be developed in line with the quality requirements set by the Portuguese government to "Aldeamentos Turísticos".
"Parque do Alva" is very easy to reach. From the airport of Porto or Lisbon via the A1 motorway to Porto-Lisbon/Lisbon-Porto. There you take the exit 13, Coimbra Norte. Then the IP3 in the direction of Viseu and after about 20 km the new IC6 (click here).